At KISU we recognise the importance of Year-10 & 11 (approximately ages 14–16) in preparing students for the demands of the IB Diploma. Through the University of Cambridge International examining board (CIE) we believe that students are exposed to the appropriate learning opportunities, concepts and skills to provide such a foundation.
The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) is well recognised globally as the leading examination for 16 year olds and we are proud of our programme. As an extension to the Cambridge curricula and as a preparation for IBDP, students also complete research projects in most subjects as well as fulfilling set hours of community service.
Students complete 10 IGCSE subjects over the two years including:
- First Language English (or English as a Second Language)
- English Literature
- French – either first or second language
- Mathematics – Extended & Additional
- Physical Education
As well as a choice of the following two options:
- Business studies, geography, history or ICT
- Art, drama, food technology or music